Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hi All!

I am excited to say that J-Cinco almost slept entirely through the night last night! I finally got him back to sleep around 1 am and he didnt stir again until past when it was light outside today. I would be very happy if he continued to follow this routine but I have a feeling tonight will be the usual short naps..but hey even once a week would be awesome!


Last Wed he had his 6 week checkup w/ Dr. Lu and he weighs 10 lbs 5 oz and is almost 24 inches long! The doc was pretty impressed with his growth and also his alertness. Unfortunately the visit had a downside for John, he had to get his first vaccines :(. Poor guy screamed and screamed after he got a shot in each thigh. I have to bring him back next week for another set of vaccines (I had the dr. split them up so John didn't have to get everything at once).

We are so happy with him and its so exciting to see his new changes each week. He is "talking" (cooing) a lot more now and it totally sounds like he is saying "hiiiiii" and "helllloooo" - so cute! He holds his head up a lot more now during tummy time and even longer after we burp him and he wants to take a look around. He loves trying to stare at lights and is in love with the lamp in our living room! Its hilarious to see him in his light trances but I try to avoid anything to bright since his stare lasts for so long.

He still hasn't been out to eat with us yet, Dr Lu said since its flu season we should be careful till he is 3 months. Well he will be 7 weeks on Monday so its not too far off. I have been taking him with me to places that arent super crowded like the post office and the bank and yesterday he even made it to rite aid for a few min. haha. I always make sure he is completely covered though (as long as its not too warm). So far its been fine and he loves the roar of the truck running and always falls into a deep sleep during the drive! extra plus!

Alright, hope you enjoy the pics from the past 2 days. I hope to have some easter ones up by next week. Hope everyone is doing well!

xo Pearl and J5

No comments: